7.28.2008

Waiting for Fall

I am home...safe & sound. It only took us all day Monday to get home. But the kids were terrific for both flights.

I missed my house, my friends, my neighborhoods and more importantly MY BED! Since being home, I have been feeling really motivated lately to paint bedrooms, re-organize closets, and decorate my kids' room. I am not sure what it is...maybe it was the week away from all the normality's at home. Maybe it is all the "Fall" decor in the stores. I can't help but having a little extra jump in my step and a bit of laughter in my voice. I sound so Polly Anna today!!! It feels good...
Fall - 2004

I can't stop thinking about my favorite season "Autumn". I can't wait for pumpkin pies, crock pot dinners, leaves on the sidewalk, hot cider, carving pumpkins, new boots & sweaters, kids walking to school....I could go on and on. It is truly my favorite time of the year. It almost makes me sick that I am already wishing it was here.
Don't get me wrong. I love going to the beach, wearing flip flops, and late night slushies. But the feeling of Autumn just won't escape. If only we could go from Fall to Spring and skip Winter (after the holidays of course).
But, I won't rush it. I will savor all the neighborhood BBQs, kids catching fireflies, and CUBS baseball games.


12 comments:

Mrs. Dub said...

i blame the humidity. while i love summer, the stickiness gets to me and has me craving cooler weather.

but then comes winter ... and that's a very, very bad thing.

Laurel said...

I love the fall too...just last night Tom said that he couldn't wait to see a new episode of "The Office."

I am way into painting and decorating...may I suggest looking through your Land of Nod catalog for ideas for the kids room.

I am ready to wear a cute turtleneck, but not before I enjoy a fun weekend at Homestead.

Mandee said...

You said exactly how I am feeling. I LOVE summer... but I so love autumn, too.

Beckie said...

Fall is my favorite season too! Welcome home I missed you!!

Lindsay said...

Welcome home! I'm glad you're back!

Sarah S said...

I'm w/ Laura... I do crave a LITTLE cooler weather when it's this hot and humid, but the winter that comes next makes me cringe. I'm trying to enjoy summer as long as it lasts!

I'm glad you're happy to be home. We're so glad you're back!

Sarah said...

Oh fall. I agree and this year Lucas starts his "first year" of preschool. I'm so excited for him. He loves making new friends and is so good at it.
I also love the fact I get to wear cute jeans with cute sweaters and my boots too...cozy time. Can't wait to have you here again.. When is Homestead?

Cortney Chambers said...

i'm so with you--fall is my favorite season, i try to like summer, but there is something not fun about sweaty kids in and out of car seats and strollers, i could go on and on!

deesha said...

Rach you make me laugh. I agree - let's cut winter to about 2 months and then have a longer spring and longer fall. (Summer can stay the same)

Erin said...

I love fall too, but I'm not ready for it just yet because I know that winter is soon to follow.

motherofseven said...

I guess you inspired me. I am cleaning the family room and pulling selves for my food storage.We went Jackson last week-end and all the hotels were full so
we drove 6 hrs to home. I was sooo
glad to be in my own bed. Nothing like home!!!!!!

NatRat said...

Thanks for making me fall hungry! I love the fall too, but I am so not ready for winter and that comes after the fall so that means it is creeping up on us....if it could stay fall for like 3 months, I would be in heaven!

Like Laurel, I am awaiting all the new seasons of TV shows coming out. Love it!