7.10.2008

The Fourth was Fun

We are still recouping from the holiday weekend. It was a real blast.
Here is the Ray Recap:




The kids were waiting all week to take their flags to the parade.
They are such proud Americans!

patiently waiting for the parade to start

At this angle, I am sure this is what Ryan looks like to the twins.


Winnetka Parade & Races



Neither of them won the race...we will have to practice for next year.
More Beach, Food, and Fun...we spent the afternoon at local beach listening to music and hanging with the Thatchers. It was a bit chilly in the evening, but I was excited to cuddle little Ethan during the fireworks.






Independence Eve




We spent the evening before the 4th at the Taste of Chicago with Tina & Trevor.
It was N-U-T-S!
The crowds were kind of scary. The line for funnel cake was enormous. However, that did not stop Ryan for getting me what I was craving. It was delish too. The fireworks were incredible...all in all it was a fantastic night!

8 comments:

Laurel said...

You looks so festive for the fourth! Love your 4th Eve skirt...sooooo cute.

Mandee said...

This is what I think-

-The twins are getting so BIG! I can't believe it! And so cute. I love Ethan... and Holland, too, but I have a thing for boys.

-You are the cutest mom!

-Ryan is huge!

-I wish we were there to celebrate with you! Someday, we will make it to Chicago... someday!

-And lastly, I miss you!

Auntie K said...

Looks like fun! Can't wait to see you!!!

Beckie said...

great pictures! I really like the one of you and the kids on your front porch. And the beach pictures are SO cute!
The taste was CRAZY this year!! It was so - no too busy!!

JRO said...

Your kids are getting big...Ethan already has pecks! What a man! Those were some cute pictures!

Tyler Bastian said...

Somer showed me your blog cute twins. We are jealous we would love twins. Nice to see you are doing well.

deesha said...

What cute pics! And I hope you are liking your hair more because it looks really cute!

NatRat said...

Your blog makes we want to move...explore more than Utah.

I love the pic of Ryan and your little comment... I am still busting a gut. I don't know if it was suppose to be funny, but I sure thought it was...thanks for the laugh :)