7.02.2008

Check your email...


We have been waiting for weeks to see whether or not Ryan was accepted into Kellogg's MBA Program. He sent in his application about 4 weeks ago. I checked our mailbox religiously at 11 AM everyday to see if the "envelope" was delivered. Everyday I would call Ryan and sadly tell him it did not arrive.


So, last night Ryan was checking his his GMAIL account. And "lo and behold", there was an email from Kellogg telling him: CONGRATULATIONS! The email had been sitting there for one whole week. So the moral of this story is "check your email". You never know what is in there.


I am so proud of my hot husband (he made me say that, although I do agree). He has been accepted into Kellogg's Executive MBA Program!!! YAY! This program is part of NorthWestern's School of Management. Most of my friends here in Chicago know what I am talking about because their husbands have attended or are still attending.


So that means we will be here in Chicago for at least another 2 years. I cannot tell you how happy we are. This is HUGE for us. It means a great education for Ryan. It also means I will see less and less of him. I am ready to sacrifice because Kellogg will open so many doors for him (us). Great Job Ryan!
It looks like the 80 hours you spent writing your essays were worth it. I love you!

16 comments:

kell-bell said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Congratulations to both of you really, it takes SO much work to get ready for business school.

Laurel said...

Wow! I am so happy for you guys!!! What great news!

Auntie K said...

That's great news!! Congrats Ryan, you deserve it!

Mandee said...

Yay for you guys! Congratulations Ryan! You are awesome... but you already knew that.

Sarah S said...

Congrats to both of you! I am thrilled you'll be in Chicago for at LEAST two more years... :) Let's not put an end date on it now...

Mrs. Dub said...

Well, shoot! I guess that means we're going to be here another 2 years, as well.

Congrats, Ryan! Now you can officially join the Kellogg clique.

Sarah said...

Yeah to Ray! Thats you Ryan, I know you hate when I call you Ray, but HOORAY FOR YOU! I'm excited because that gives me 2 more years to visit you all in the windy city!

Jen said...

Congrats!

Emily Osborne said...

way to go Ryan! But I wish you were coming back to Utah!!

Em O.

Paige said...

Yeah, I am soooo excited for you! I know he will enjoy his time at Kellogg. We are sad that our two years in Chicago are over now. CONGRATS!

Kara said...

congrats! the next two years will be a whirlwind and then all of the sudden you'll be taking graduation pictures in a barney-purple gown! enjoy the allen center--we lowly non-executive mbas and families were allowed there by invitation only. give dean jain a big hug for us (the huggingest man ever) and enjoy the awesome thanksgiving buffets!

Debbie Savage said...

Holy cow! Congratulations Ryan! Yay!!!

Cortney Chambers said...

congratulations! my husband is starting the executive mba program at the u of u this fall---so i feel your pain and your joy! actually we've only felt excitement so far, but i sure the pain will come later!

Kendee said...

Ryan--way to go. We are very excited for you guys. 2 more winters in superman's fortress of solitude, 2 more 40 degree junes, and you can eat tons of tapas.

Krazy Khania said...

Yea! Go Ryan!!

NatRat said...

That is great! Collin was informing me on how AWESOME that is to get in there. You must be so proud. I am so excited for you!