7.25.2008

9 Days in Utah

A week ago today, the twins and I ventured to Utah sans Daddy. We flew Jetblue (courtesy of Amber). It was the easiest flight of my life. The kids were so well behaved -- I think the TVs helped too.
Amber met us in Long Beach because we had a connecting flight in San Diego. We were flying "standby" so we had some not so normal flights. We missed our first flight and ended waiting for 6 hours to catch the next flight. Those 6 hours were probably the most fun I have ever had. We spent our time in Old Town and shopping at Target (I would like to visit every Target in the US). The kids were a dream come true during those 6 hours. No tantrums, no whining, no grumpies.

The week of cousin-sitting begins. This is breakfast every morning...

This is what I would see in my rear-view mirror -- 4 sets of eyes looking at me ... or the DVD player...I could never really tell. Car rides weren't too bad. We watch movies while driving around. I think I have listened to "The Incredibles'" like 10 times.

Castle Park




Every Night was Movie Night


Gardner Village
My mom spent a couple days with us. It was nice to have the extra help and spend time with my cute Mom! She also treated us to some delicious fudge. I can always count on mom for that!







When we weren't watching movies or playing we were cleaning.

Hogle Zoo





Cherry Hill, Cherry Hill





Pioneer Day








Nightly Baths

I had a great time being with them all. We did a ton of stuff...but don't let me fool you, I did not do this all by myself. Little Miss Haili was a HUGE help. I kept telling her she would be able to do all of this by herself. I can't believe she is only 11 years old.

We love our little Gonzos. My kids are really going to miss Beezer, Masy Moo, and Haili Boo.

p.s. my first night here I ate Cafe Rio - YUMO!

8 comments:

Beckie said...

SO FUN!!! You are awesome!
And I am a little jealous about Cafe Rio!!!

Sarah S said...

Rachel, I would be begging you if you didn't already have your hands full on the way back - for some CAFE RIO!! I have dreams about it. Pork burrito, with no beans, cheese or sour cream. Do they do mail orders? :)

Roney Family said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. Glad the kids were good for you on all the flights. That is awesome!!!

Muriel said...

I'm glad you had a good Jet Blue experience. My mom is a flight attendant for them and Matt and I and our 4 kids are flying to So Cal in a week and a half. Wish us luck.

I was in SLC recently and the first place I ate was Cafe Rio too.

Debbie Savage said...

How fun! The twins are so adorable! I miss those fun spots in Utah.

Coco said...

It looks like you had a blast. I bet you were tired by the time you got home.

NatRat said...

It looks like you had a blast and you had your hands full. I bet they loved spending time with their auntie Rach...and Cherry Hill, I haven't heard of that place forever! How fun!

Jen said...

You are a rock star.