2.08.2007

I Heart My Twinnies

My babies are so cute. They love to play and laugh. Ryan and I love being with them. Holland is now saying "ball" and "baby". Ethan is saying "dad" and "oh". Ryan beams every time he hears his name. Actually, their vocabulary is much bigger than those 4 words, but they seem to be the words of the week. I like to think they are the smartest kids and we work on a couple words a week. But they really don't care what I want to teach them.

I am trying to teach them numbers, but they seem to think "3" means getting out of their highchairs. I guess I usually say " 1, 2, 3" and then take them out of their highchairs. When I get to "3" they are pulled out of the chair. Holland will say "3, 3, 3" if she wants out. They love it when Ryan comes home too. They hear him walk in the door and they drop EVERYTHING to run to him. Except for Ethan, he grabs his blue blankie and runs to Dad saying "oh".

This week has been a big week for new toys. I pulled out a tepee and tube they got for their birthday. They can't get enough of it. We also got a basketball hoop. I figure we are raising 1 NBA star and 1 WNBA star, at least we hope so. They really are so tall. They wear 18-24 months right now. They love throwing balls in the hoop.

The last gift was a little Radio Flyer sit and scoot. I think they are a little overwhelmed with all these new toys, so it may be time to take one away and introduce it next month. As usual, they fight over the same toy. We are too cheap to buy 2 of everything, plus they need to learn to share! These kids are spoiled in my opinion. It is so much fun to buy them stuff. Their little faces light up, which melts my heart!

4 comments:

Mandee said...

I check your blog often, and always think "I wish she would write more!" I am so glad you did! I love your twinnies too! They are so cute, and so sweet. I can't get enough of them, and I still can't believe you have twins. Hawaii looked like a good time. We have yet to leave our kids longer than an overnight trip. And honestly, I don't know if I could enjoy myself being away... at least while I still have a baby at home. I just need to take the plunge, make the leap. I'm sure it would be well worth it.

Sarah said...

I miss seeing those two little ones. I am so glad I can take a look at what your up to with them. It has been so fun for us too with a toddler, you write so much. I guess I should too! We miss you and love you all!!!!!

Auntie K said...

These pictures make me miss the kids so much!
Give them kisses from me!
It looks like Holland's hair is getting longer and Ethan is looking bigger.

Laurel said...

Your kids are so CUTE!!! I love hearing about them. Last night we had a small party for Tom and some of my girlfriends saw the picture of Holland on my frig and they think that Liam and her look alike. It is good to know that he has some Richmond genes!!