9.26.2008

Three


We celebrated Holland and Ethan's 3rd Birthday this week.

I have to say, the birthday of Holland and Ethan is truly a special day. It took us years to get pregnant with them. Then, those two little babies tried to come early (22 weeks) which resulted in bed rest for me (3 whole months). Once they arrived they had a month stay at the NICU (Newborn Intensive Care Unit). We had some major ups and downs during that time and it is a miracle they are here with us today. So every 27th of September is a HUGE celebration for our family.

Can the twins really be 3 years old? My friend Mandee once said, "Who pressed fast forward on my life?" It really feels that way.

We planned a little cowboy/cowgirl Hoedown for my little ones. Since Ryan had school on the 27th, we celebrated the day before with all of Holland and Ethan's favorite 3 year olds. The kids woke up to lots of presents, balloons, and treats for their big day.

Here are some photos to capture the FUN day!

The Invite...

The Party...






HOLLAND






ETHAN






We made sure to sing "Happy Birthday" to each of them separately. They felt special to be the center of attention. When the day was over and the friends had left we all took a nap. Later that day the kids spent hours playing with their new toys. It was really fun to see them so happy. I hope you had a great day. I love you both so much!

















11 comments:

Laurel said...

It looks like it was a perfect party. I am sorry I missed it.

Mandee said...

It looks like it was a great time! I can't believe they are 3 years old! They are beautiful kids- love those cakes!

Mrs. Dub said...

Boo! So sad I missed the shindig. Stupid diarrhea. (Hers, not mine.) Those twinnies are very special and very lucky to have such a great mom. Now, when are we going to hang out?

Beckie said...

Cute birthday party! Fun theme!
Those invites were super cute too!
Great family photos. Happy Birthday
Ethan and Holland!!!

Rachael said...

What a fun celebration. Happy birthday Holland and Ethan.

Coco said...

You always through perfect parties. Looks fun. Happy Birthday Holland and Ethan

Sarah S said...

Happy birthday Ethan and Holland!! Seriously Rachel, I can't imagine how hard that was to be on bed rest for so long with those little munchkins. I'm 23 weeks now and the end still seems far away - that would have been so tough.

Your party looked like a big success! I love the invitation especially.

Elisa said...

Congratulations to those adorable children, Ethan and Holland! And congratulations to both you and Ryan, you've raised some wonderful children!

Hope the next years of your life will be as wonderful as these three!

Auntie K said...

They are so CUTE! Happy Birthday Ethan and Holland!

I wish I could have been there!

deesha said...

Happy birthday!!! Wow I can't believe they are 3! Everything was adorable; what cute little birthday cakes!

NatRat said...

Darling, darling, darling:)