9.21.2008

School is SO cool


I realize blogs have been buzzing the last few weeks with photos and posts about first days of school. My children are among the millions who started school this month too. They are both 3 years old (literally on Saturday) and have started their first year of pre-school.
So here is how it went...

Tuesday


9:00-wake-up, eat breakfast, getting dressed, take pictures
9:30- rush off to school...Kids are at school for just an hour because their teacher wanted to ease them into school.
9:30 to 10:30- I run some errands and then rush back to school to pick up my kids.
10:30-Pick up kids. They don't want to leave. I knew they did not need any easing into school. They prefer to paint then hang out with me. Am I already outdated?Oh well. I bribe them with gum to get them to leave with me. Apparently, school is soooo cool.

Thursday


8:00- we get started a little earlier this day because it was a mad rush to get ready on Tuesday. Eat breakfast, talk about how exciting school is, talk about all the kids in school, etc.
9:15- More pix because this is a "real" day, and head off to school. (plus I had to get more pix of their cute new school outfits)
9:30- The twins are running for the door and excitably talking about story time. Ethan trips because he is still getting used to his new shoes. He cries for a minute and then he manages to swallow the tears and head up the stairs to school.

The twins take of their shoes and sit down with Miss Nancy for story time. As I leave, Ethan he turns to me and says "See you later, mommy". It was a bittersweet moment for me and I can still picture his cute smile as he said it. He gave me the 'I am so grown up and so excited to be at school' look.

9:40- As I am walking to my car, a mom whose son goes to the same school approaches me. She wanted to tell me something about Holland and her little boy. Let me back up a little....Her son and my daughter met about 6 months ago during church. They had a little "moment" where they were asking about each other. It took is both by surprise because it was so flirtatious.

So, when Holland went to school for the first day, the same little boy asked about Holland. He said to his mom, "who is that new girl at school...she has a cute face". It was adorable to hear that because I do have to agree, she has the most adorable faces I know. And we may have a little crush happening between the two.

12:00- Pick up twins from school . They finally painted a picture and had stories to tell!
p.s. potty training is still in process. Poor Miss Nancy has had to deal with a couple accidents already.

p.s.s. Ryan started school a few weeks ago. He loves it. I do not have photos...but apparently he looked hot.






14 comments:

Mandee said...

they both have cute faces. i love them. and looking very stylish for school. i would expect nothing less.

Beckie said...

those are such cute cute pictures!
Am I terrible because I never took a back to school picture of Marlee!?!?

I can't believe your littles are going to be three!!!

Laurel said...

I can't believe how big they look and I just saw them last week. So cute! You always have them dressed so perfectly cute.

I am glad school is cool and that Ryan looked good his first day too!

Melanie said...

Those outfits are to die for! And those cute faces ... what a cute story! Let the quote book begin, it's such a fun age, isn't it?

Cortney Chambers said...

they look like little models--so cute!

Auntie K said...

wow what a hottie Ethan is. And Holland looks so cute! I noticed those new boots and shoes you bought them. I am glad that they had a good time at school.

Coco said...

So cute. It is crazy how quickly kids grow up.

Auntie K said...

So glad they had a good time at school! I love it! I love sending Luc off to school and seeing how much he had fun learning that day. Love Little sis Sarah

Sarah S said...

that first picture is ESPECIALLY darling!! great photography :)

Lindsay said...

They are sooo cute! I love both their little outfits...Where did you get Hollands outfits?

Unknown said...

Is that the same house? It looks like the background was painted? Nice!

Leyla... said...

So cute! They both have adorable faces!

Roney Family said...

Pre-school is so fun!!! I am glad that they have made that step. What a lucky mommy you are to have a little peace and quiet at home.

Tickled Pink And Green said...

What beautiful children!