5.19.2008

Poor Wormie


We have been spending alot of time outside these days. The kids love to play in the dirt, and I kind of enjoy cleaning the yard, but mostly like planting stuff. So, I was raking up leaves in the and I found a big, fat worm. I wondered what the kids would do if they saw it. So, I showed it the them and loved it. The would put it on their slide, their bike, or wherever they thought the wormie would like to play.
Well, about 30 minutes later, I saw Holland holding a small piece of the wormie. It looks like they liked it so much, they decided to tear it apart so each could have a piece. Poor Wormie.

Our animal abuse does not end there.

The kids were left alone for 5 minutes Saturday morning. Ryan and I walk into a large, wet mess. There is water everywhere...on the TV, the bar, the floor, all over their jammies. Our poor little fishie, Nemo, was in Ethan's litte hand. The fish bowl was filthy. It had all sorts of food mixed in it. Needless to say the kids were in timeout for a good while. I am happy to report the Nemo pulled through. However he is not fond of the kids anymore.
I can't decide if my kids are finally entering the naughtiness stage or if they are just curious. Either way, we have our hands full.

10 comments:

Alifinale said...

I say they are just curious...and oh so cute. I don't feel too bad for the worm or the fish, does that make me evil?

PS - Emery has that dress too.

Amanda said...

I would have to say they're just curious too :) I love Holland's shoes, Anabell wears hers like that around all the time too.
I liked your last entry, poop in the bathtub is the worst, when you see what's happened, you don't know where to start in cleaning everything up, it's the worst! Mom's can't take time off it's true!
Your little twins are adorable, I saw Sarah this last weekend, she looks great and her boys are knock-outs :) We talked about what a cute family you and Ryan have!!!

Laurel said...

I agree no pets for awhile! I would hate to see what their curiousity would do to a dog :)

Sarah S said...

I'm sorry, but I think this post was so funny!! I love Holland's shoes and the stories of the abuse. They are so innocent and interested in learning how these dif. creatures work! Pretty funny.

Elisa said...

Sounds like an average day in the Andrews house. If one twin doesn't think of it, the other will! :) But I love to see the curiosity in children - there is nothing in this world that compares to that look in their eyes as they learn.

Paige said...

I love it! Your kids are getting so big! Glad to hear that NEMO made it!

NatRat said...

YUCK! I hate worms...they are brave to even touch it.

deesha said...

That is so cute and made me laugh! I think you should just be proud that they are sharing and that they care about other creatures and wanted to feed the fish.

Mandee said...

They are so cute... I love your kids!

Krazy Khania said...

I think they are just curious but WOW! Grant never did anything like that but he didn't have partner in crime until now! The other day I went upstair to dry my hair which takes FOREVER and I came down to find cereal all over the floor. The both of them were dumping it on the floor on purpose! Like how old are you Grant?