9.12.2007

You are a great mom

Twins at Homestead - Midway, Ut

I flew home yesterday with Holland and Ethan. Holland was armed with her binkie and blankie and slept half the trip. Ethan was a little busier than normal. I do think he is making his way into the "terrible twos". It was not really that terrible, but I think the guy behind us was tired of all the cars being thrown his way. I don't blame my little boy... it is hard for an almost 2 year old to sit still for 3 hours. All in all, he did great!


And then....All "H E double L" broke loose once we landed. The landing was pretty scary and bumpy (thanks to the Chicago winds).The kids were freaking out and grabbing at me. I was trying to gather all of our "stuff". The kids were crying and screaming. And that is when I began to sweat. Once I gathered all of Ethan's cars and Holland's horses we headed out. We successfully departed the plane (last ones out) and waited for our luggage.


During those five minutes of waiting Ethan butchered his finger and Holland knocked her head on the floor. Those feelings of being the great mom on the plane quickly vanished. I was now the "out of control" mother doing anything to keep the kids quiet. I waited for everyone in the baggage claim area to leave before we ventured out. Before leaving, a guy came up to me and said, "You are a great mother. I watched you on the plane and even now. You are a great mother."

I felt like crying as I thanked him for his nice sentiment. I have not forgotten his words. He has no idea what those words meant to me. I know it is a "no no"to worry about what others think of you. But I often do. And it was so nice for someone to remind me. If I ever saw him again I might have to give him a big HUG.
I am glad yesterday is over. We were all tired. It is good to be home. I came home to a clean house (thanks honey) and to the best time of the year when the weather is cool and crisp.

7 comments:

Mandee said...

I so know that sweaty feeling. I was so happy to see you while you were in town! And I miss you still. Just move back! We can meet at Chick-Fil-A all the time!

I'm glad that man reminded you, cause you really are a good mom.

Alifinale said...

You have twins, you are SUPERMOM as far as I am concerned. Especially to be traveling alone with both of them! I am glad that the guy recognized that and said something to you, because we all need to hear that!

Leyla... said...

You're a wonderful mom! Traveling with kids is always an adventure!

deesha said...

Aw Rach - you are such a great mom! You are amazing! I hope you had a fun trip with your family!

Coco said...

I don't even like to go to the mall with just Noah. So you are a super mom to travel with the 2 of them.

I am glad you are back to blogging, I have missed your blogs.

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you came out to visit. Next time I'll fly back with you and help you out. Although I give you a big PAT on the back for going back to chicago all alone. You are AWESOME!
We love you and miss you already!

Lucas SAYS...Miss you HOLLANDS

Anonymous said...

YOU are my NEW hero!!! I can barely go grocery shopping with my 2 and they are 2 and 3 yeras old. You are a SUPERMOM!!! I think I have the sweating moment every week when we are at church and my kids are running like wild hogs through the sanctuary at church and I'm hunting to find them! Luckily our church is loud and wild and nobody (but me) really cares or notices, but you always feel like every eye in the room is staring at you and judging you!

there needs to be LOTS more people like that man in the world and less people that are mean and nasty! being a mom is an incredible job and it is very challenging and anyone that judges must not have kids themselves! :o)

wish we would have gotten to see you while you were here! did you guys see colby!? glad you're hom safe and sound give ryan xoxoxox from us! Love ya guys! Nissa