7.28.2007

I am ready to go...


I leave for Girls Camp on Monday for the entire week. I am in charge of the 4th Year Overnighter in my stake. Ryan and I are taking 8 fourteen year old girls on a seprate campout on Monday night. That means we need to start our own fires, cook or own food, and set-up our tents.

It feels really weird to be the one taking care of these kids. Am I really the adult here? I swear I am way too immature for this responsibilty. In addition, I am really not a camper. I do best sleeping on a bed and taking daily showers. I don't think I have ever started a fire all by myself. I only intended staying 2 nights, but the old ,nostalgic feelings were overwheliming. I remember the fun times I had at camp and I want the same for these girls. We have showers and toilets, so I think I will manage. Ohhh....there are 2 little people, I am going to miss so much.

This week has been super busy as I've been getting ready for this outdoor adventure. I have already made several trips to Walmart (although I loathe that place) ,Costco, Target, and various other stores. I also have locked my kids in the car (I called 911 and everything...but that is another post), left my purse at Jewel Osco, and stubbed my big toe several times.
But none of that will stop me from campfires, s'mores, and hanging out with the cute girls in my YW group.

My bags are packed and I am ready to go...
p.s. I won't be able to go to the beach or pool with this fun girl!
p.s.s. This extremely nice sister and m-i-l are watching the twins.

p.s.s.s. I am really going to miss my twinnies! Seriously, they are so cute!

3 comments:

Mrs. Dub said...

shoot, they're not my kids and i miss them already.

same goes for you. don't let those girls lose you in the mountains. (oh wait, we don't have those out here.)

good luck. we'll beach and pool it up when you get back.

Kendee said...

Have fun at girls camp. You are a good woman for going. And, the picture of the twinners is really cute. I LOVE your house in the picture. Is that your new sliding door I see? It looks great.

Mandee said...

Have so much! And know that I am not jealous of that trip. But I am jealous that Barb and Amber get to watch your kids.