7.27.2007

Crib Jumping


(Ethan at 10 months)

My worst nightmare came true last night. Holland jumped out of her crib. We were downstairs when we heard a loud thump. Ryan ran upstairs and she was on the floor crying. After the incident, we were watching her put her leg over the crib to get out. She got quite a scolding from me. I told her ,"no more getting out of your crib". It was pretty scary too. She could really hurt herself. Ryan reminded me that he knew she was "trouble" from day one. He is totally right. When she was just days old she would give us these "looks". It is only a matter of time until Ethan follows suit.

I had all sorts of weird dreams last night because of it(twins roaming the house while we slept, etc). I also had a dream that this sister pulled a "Britney Spears" and shaved her long beautiful hair off. Enough of my crazy dreams.


I am not ready for toddler beds. How am I going to keep them in their room , not to mention their beds??? I need advice because this is all happening too fast and I am just not prepared.
(Holland at 5 months)

6 comments:

Mandee said...

Are you kidding me? She's not even 2 yet!

Do NOT switch to toddler beds. You can't keep them in those things. And they think they have free reign of the house.

My neighbor had a tent thing that she put over her crib to keep her toddler from jumping out. It zipped from the outside. It's not cute, but is probably worth looking into!

And Charlie- I knew he was going to be our "trouble" the day I had him. He gave me that look, too.

Elisa said...

Welcome to the twins club - that is about the age when Karoleena figured out how to climb out of her crib. She would do more of a firemans pole slide down the corner. And yes, Ashlee learned quickly from Karoleena.

We actually went straight to beds with the twins after that. We too were worried about them hurting themselves.

I didn't have to worry about my kids getting out of their room though since mine were too short to reach the door knob.

I have heard of success stories with the tent that Mandee mentioned.

Good luck my dear! Sounds like those twins of yours are growing up quickly.

Anonymous said...

I hate Toddler beds. I put each one of my kids in a twin bed before they were two. It's higher up, so not as easy to get in and out of as the toddler. Good luck with that. If you are not ready to switch to a bed, I would go with the tent. It's safe. Our second daughter Ella is the one that gives us trouble. Wonder if it has something to do with grandmother. Maybe it was the ELLA name!! Here is the link to the tent! http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=309775&cmSource=Search It's pricey, but it works.

Leyla... said...

Ahhh! Each of my boys only jumped out once. I guess the landing scared them out of ever doing it again. I heard the tent works. Good luck!

Coco said...

I worry about that too. Noah did it once after I had gone to work in the morning, but I think it was a freak thing because he hasn't tried since. But once he figures it out, we are moving him into a bed because believe me I know that look.

I would get a tent or move them into beds, my friend's little boy broke his arm falling out of his crib.

Sarah said...

Ahhhh, my first RR post. Oh the pressure! Advise from my friend: put the crib side down so that when they do climb out it is not that far down. I don't know, Evi just climbed out for the first time and we converted her crib into a toddler bed by taking the side off so she wouldn't get hurt. She has yet to roam the house. I guess every kid is different.