3.26.2007

Housework

The last couple of days I've found myself spending my free time watching TV or reading blogs. I SHOULD be scrubbing toilets, sweeping floors, or washing windows. I really don't want to do it anymore.

I want to go on strike. I am not very good at cleaning. When I was 14 I worked as a janitor at an elementary school. I was fired because I did not clean very well. I admit, I did not do a very good job. The little boy's urinals were awful! Yes, I only did it for the money. It was a pretty meager paycheck too...$100 a month! I should really walk around with a disclaimer pinned to me saying, " Warning: Can't Clean". Well, I know I CAN clean, but I am tired of it.

I think the only productive cleaning I finished last week was washing my bedroom sheets/comforter. Which I LOVE more than anything. If I could afford a housekeeper, I would have them clean my floors, wash my sheets every 3 days, scrub bathrooms, and wash dishes... which you now know I hate (read "my honey" post). I have a long list of things I need to do this week. We will see how I do.
Lately I sit on my couch thinking about it. Which is so dumb because I start to feel frustrated that I can't get my butt off the couch. Speaking of my butt...it is very flabby lately. I need to go to the gym, but I only think about it.
I love this quote...."Housework is a treadmill from futility to oblivion with stop offs at tedium and counter productivity" Erma Bombeck

5 comments:

Laurel said...

Ha Ha you are so funny. I feel the same way about cleaning. I actually don't have a hard time starting I have a difficult time finishing. I washed Liam's clothes last Friday, but didn't finish...they are still in the dryer. They are on todays to do list.

Mrs. Dub said...

Hear-hear! (Or is it here-here?) In any event, it seems like I also prefer wasting time to cleaning or organizing or paying bills or (gasp!) reading scriptures. But I do find that it helps if I give myself one chore a day (and one load of laundry) instead of trying to do a marathon cleaning day. But a lot of times, I still don't do it.

Sarah said...

Well I started doing Laundry today and realized that I still had last weeks in the dryer. Or the worst is when you put it in the dryer and don't turn it on, forget about it and then its all moldy smelling, uggh. Housework is my enemy. I'd rather play with Lucas.

Mandee said...

You need an "Olga". I found her after I had Jack and was feeling REALLY overwhelmed by life. I just needed some help with my floors and bathrooms. She came in my house and said "$30". I said, "When can you start?"

Since we've moved, and since Jack is, uh- almost 8 months, I figured it was time to clean my own bathrooms and floors. Although my new Olga price is only $50 (for 4 1/2 baths and my entry, dining room, dining nook, and kitchen floors.). I think I will call her tomorrow.

And lastly, I HATE LAUNDRY!

Alifinale said...

I love this! (so I had to come on your blog and comment too!) It is so great to see that I am not alone. I always leave the laundry in the dryer for a week. I seriously aspire to the day I can get a housecleaner, but my husband is totally against it. I have a friend that loves cleaning and I think she is insane!