1.23.2009

3 things you need to survive January


Here are the three things that have been keeping me sane during this cold month of January...


1. Exercise TV - Comcast On Demand
I especially like Jillian Michaels, Bigger Loser with Bob, and most of the A List body workouts.


2. Fruit Smoothies

My sister introduced these to me. They taste good and are very healthy for you! It inlcudes a fruit, veggie, and dairy serving just in one drink. And if you are doing weight watchers, they only count for 4 points. It totally fills you up too! Here is the recipe:
1 cup frozen berries (i buy the BIG bag from costco)
1 light yoplait yogurt (any flavor)
1/2 cup apple juice
1/2 cup water
2 1/2 cups of spinach (BIG bag of fresh spinach from costco)
Mix all on a blender and DRINK!


3. Girl's Night Out
Every woman needs to have some time away with their girlfriends. I am lucky to have so many fun girls to hang out with from church and in my neighborhood.

5 comments:

Laurel said...

Love the smoothie recipe...I've never tried one with spinach and only 4 points...sounds great!

Unknown said...

I agree on every level. There is something about the blah's of January isn't there? Can't wait to try the smoothie recipe.

Happy Belated Birthday!

Sarah said...

Hi sis. LOVE THE SMOOTHIE, its *cough cough* SMOOOOOOTHHHH

NatRat said...

I am with you on the girls night out...I need one every week!! I don't get it that often, but sure would love it!

Kendee said...

Great list of must-haves for a Chicago Winter. Here is a site for a great healthy smoothie. http://greensmoothiegirl.com I must say that I think the vita-mix would be a little more delicious though... my blender doesn't do so great.