5.14.2007

Frozen Cycle

I have a phone consultation with my IVF doctor this week. We are doing IVF (invitro fertilization) again. We have 4 eggies in the freezer...medically, the are supposed to be called embryos, but I like eggies better. We hope to put them in my tummy (or uterus) in August.
When I called the nurse to set up the consultation, we talked about the process and I began to get excited. They have had really great success rates with frozen cycles in the past few months. In the back of my mind I fear it will not work. We were so lucky the first time around to get pregnant with twins --a boy and girl --. Am I pushing my luck? The odds are about 50 % with a frozen cycle. I suppose those are better odds then I have currently.

I was hoping we would get preggers on our own...it has been 19 months without any contraceptive. Nothing! My sister asked me if we were doing it right. I hesitantly answered, "yes". I totally questioned myself for a minute. What if we was doing it wrong? I know that is a silly question to ask yourself. But that is the way it is for a person who can't get preggers. You have crazy thoughts!
(where's your belly button?)
When I talk to myself about this (yes, I talk to myself just like my mom does) I tell myself...you have 2 healthykids.... you don't need anymore. But when I see little babies, I want another one. And then I say...you will not get any sleep for at least the first 6 months. You will be fat, you will have crazy-new-mom-syndrome (that is what I call post-partum). Do you really want to go through all of that? Then, I say...when the twins leave the house and come home for Christmas, there will only be 2 kids coming home. That is just not enough for me. So, I finally say to myself --have more kids. The positives defintely outweigh the negatives. Look at these 2 kids...they are SO worth it!


Shortly, I will be intentionally poking myself with a needle to inject some crazy drugs, letting Ryan stick an even bigger needle through my behind to inject even more drugs and hopefully become pregnant. But, do I really want to look like the girl to the left? Wish me luck !

10 comments:

Laurel said...

Yes of course you should do it. Babies are wonderful. I love mine and want you to have more. Good luck.

Mrs. Dub said...

si, senorita.

the only question is -- are you going to use all four eggies? because two + four = a boatload o' kids.

Rachie said...

Can you imagine? 4 at once? No way! Once they thaw the eggies, they will decide on which ones to use. Some don't even last the thaw..but no more than 2 eggies for sure.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with that. I hope that all goes well for you and that you enjoy those twins. Just wait, Its horrible to be pregnant while you have kids. I am dreading the day I get pregnant and have four other kids to take care of. Yikes, but you are awesome and will do a wonderful job. Happy Mother's day!

Coco said...

Of course you do it. I see little babies and think I am ready to add my next addition then I remember I have a 14 month ball of fire and that makes me think I will wait another year before I think about adding another one.

Unknown said...

You are the cutest pregnant girl. I mean, just look at that belly- it had TWO babies in it, and it is sooooo cute!

I think of the same things... once Parker and Maddy leave the house, we will only have 3 boys around? That should be enough, but sometimes I wonder if it will be. Maybe 1 more? I am a crazy woman all of the time. Not just after I have a baby.

You are a good mom. And an amazing woman to go through all of that. I wish you luck and lots of prayers from the Grant family.

Sarah said...

You can do it! DO IT, I'm so excited for you!I love my little Harry, he is ALWAYS so happy!

Sarah said...

BTW..that pic of you prego, how far along were you AND thats my prego shirt! LOL, Leisa is wearing it now!

Alifinale said...

You are the cutest Prego! I am so sorry you have such hard times getting pregnant. I don't understand why life has to work that way and then there are all these teenage pregnancies. You are amazing and you seem to have a much better attitude than I could have in that situation. Good luck. Babies are so fun, even at 2am.

Anonymous said...

Aw, Rachel, you have to do it because your babies are SOOOOOO adorable! And because you are such a good mommy. Best of luck!