12.11.2008

REAL Christmas Tree

It has been years since we bought a REAL Christmas tree. This year we decided to drive to a farm up north and cut down our own. It is our new family tradition...

waiting for the Thatchers....

Wagon ride to tree farm


Twins and Kalem playing in the snow
The most perfect tree we could find. Most of the trees were so short and missing lots of branches. Oh well!
It was a pain to cut down, I wouldn't really know because Ryan and Trevor were doing the real work. All I know is it was freezing and the hot chocolate and donuts waiting for us at the barn was comforting.
who cares if it is a little sparse on top.
Once it was all decorated, it turned out so pretty! We love our little Christmas Tree.

10 comments:

Auntie K said...

Oh so CUTE!!!!! Looks like you had a lot a fun even if it was so cold. I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!

ben and meela said...

How fun was that?! You really do have a cute family. I'm so glad I found your blog. Hit me up sometime. I would like to chat with you:) My blog is benandmeela.blogspot.com

Leyla... said...

Looks like fun! What a great tradition to start!

Sarah S said...

SO cute!! Were those pictures taken with your new lens? I want to hear details... and I'm impressed you got your tree from a tree farm!

Sarah said...

I'm so jealous of your "real" tree. It looks beautiful! Do you think dad will do a conference call on friday night?

NatRat said...

How fun! I would love to do that, but Collin wouldn't be caught dead doing that. Way too much work for him. You are darling! Coming to Utah for the holidays???

Mandee said...

You guys are cute! Looks like good times!

Beckie said...

I love a real tree. What a fun new tradition to have.
The pictures are great and you all look so cute.

(just so you know, I LOVED your fake tree too!)

Amanda said...

How fun! I love the real tree, and how awesome you could go pick it out as a fam....by the way, you really have an adorable family!!!! Hope you guys are keeping warm out there!

Anne said...

Have you ever heard of the book "Why Christmas Trees Aren't Perfect." It would be a great companion for your tree. What a fun new tradition!