4.04.2008

Famous Name

It is hard to have a famous name. I get all sorts of weird comments because of my name. At first, it did not really bother me. But now that Rachael Ray has a couple different TV shows and commercials, it is frustrating trying to field all these dumb comments. Here are some of the weird things people say to me:

" Are you related to her", " You look just like her", " Are you sisters?", "Can you cook?"
I usually want to respond to these comments with smart remarks like, " no, you idiot! do you think my mother would name me and my sister, Rachel and Rachael?" But I rarely do.
I like to think I am the original Rachel Ray or the Real Rachel Ray. I loved my name when I was first married, and now I want to go back to my maiden name. Thanks to this friend for giving me my blog name because I could not think of anything else.
On the flip side, I have had a few nice tables reserved for me at local restaurants. I can't complain about that. This sister can attest to it because she was with me the first time it happened.

13 comments:

Mrs. Shelton said...

You look like her? Seriously? People say that! :) You're both adorable, but you look nothing like her. I bet getting tables reserved would be fun.

Mandee said...

I've wondered how that's working out for you... at least you get a good seat out of it. You should write her... you could probably get on her show, or at least get some tickets out of it.

Emily Osborne said...

I can't stand Rachael Ray....but I absolutely love and adore Rachel Ray!!

Emily O.

Coco said...

People say the stupidest things. Sometimes I wonder if people think before they comment.

Elisa said...

You've got some awesome blog friends (which is totally a side note, but I thought I'd throw that in)! I guess with the seating perks comes the bad. Look on the bright side though, there are worse celebs you could share a name with ... boy that comment sure sounded better in my head!

Laurel said...

I did looooOve getting that awesome table at the Hancock Building. That was such a fun night.

I will say that I like the Real Rachel Ray over the TV one.

deesha said...

Aw, you were so happy to still be RR when you got married! That is so funny about the tables you get! Good thing you look just like her so the hostesses don't think you are a fraud! Ha!

Krazy Khania said...

I love to name drop you with people who don't know!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Wendy said...

Hi Rachel, Just found your blog and loved reading about your sweet family! :)

J Z said...

Hey Rachel I don't mean to be a blog stalker but I found you....we went to high school together...Jacque Z anyway I just read your rachel ray and I totally think you should say yeah you idiot our mom thought it was great to give us both the same name...that way she only had to yell one name when she wanted something

NatRat said...

I definetly like the REAL Rachel Ray the best....and people are kind of lame, it amazes me what some people say.

tjcool18 said...

I'm not going to lie before Rachael Ray was super famous I went out and bought one of her cookbooks. The cookbook stunk! I tried watching her show once and now her personality drives me crazy!

I saw you use her name for all that you can get.